On September 28, we hosted two launch webinars to discuss the initial findings of the Voluntary Carbon Market Global Dialogue on how to shape the voluntary carbon market from the perspective of the Global South. The findings presented emerged from in-depth consultations with VCM stakeholders in Asia and the Pacific, Africa and Latin America and the Caribbean.
There were two sessions to accommodate attendees from both the Eastern and Western hemispheres.
If you were not able to join us, please see the recordings of both webinars below:
During the event, Charlotte Streck presented the VCM Global Dialogue draft Narrative and Action Agenda, after which a panel discussion with stakeholders from the VCM supply-side reflected and commented on the findings.
Panelists for Session 1:
- Kuki Soejachmoen, Director – Indonesia Research Institute for Decarbonization
- Sandeep Roy Choudhury, Director – VNV Advisory
- Roselyn Adjei, Director Climate Change National REDD+ Focal Point – Forestry Commission Ghana
- Manuel Estrada, REDD+ and AFOLU Director – Verra
Panelists for Session 2:
- Fernando Leyva Pinzon, Rural Development Leader – Orinoquia Biocarbon Project
- George Tarus, Kenya Forest Service
- Natalia Arango Vélez, CEO – Fondo Accion
- Angelo Sartori, Director, Regional Outreach – Verra
The webinar and discussion was facilitated by Adriaan Korthuis.
Webinar participants were invited to ask questions and provide comments during the session, and to provide written feedback on the findings after the meeting.